It is the official policy of Chesapeake Spokes that there will be no sanctioned ride if it is raining at the ride start location one hour before start time, or if a serious threat of rain or thunderstorms exists. Final determination of the ride status will be made by the ride leader. Please keep in mind that while it may not be raining at your location, the weather may be different at the ride start location.
If you would like to meet on your own after the ride has been cancelled, it will not be considered to be an official club ride even if the designated ride leader or a designated substitute attends, and will thus be considered to be a “pick-up” ride.
Remember that forecasts change continually, and they can be dramatically wrong. Official notification of ride cancellations are made through the Chesapeake Spokes Google user group. Contact information for the leader will provided for each ride, and you should be able to contact them within an hour before the ride. If the official ride leader or a designated substitute leader does not show up, then the ride is considered a pick-up ride and not an official club ride.